Last updated : November 5, 2019
The Client acknowledges that the Engage Digital Service is dependent on access to various third parties (e.g. social networks like Facebook and Twitter, authentication servers etc.) and that RingCentral France is not liable for any unavailability, delays, incidents or service interruptions affecting the Engage Digital Service or the performance of the Engage Digital Service, caused by those third parties.
RingCentral France may not be held liable, in any circumstances whatsoever, for any errors or bugs in the equipment or software of those third parties or for any problems affecting the Internet, on which the Engage Digital Service is based.
The Parties also agree that periods of scheduled maintenance notified by RingCentral France in advance will not be taken into account when calculating the penalties for breaches of service commitments.
1. Incident Management
– Severity Level
Incidents are classified according to their level of severity:
- Level 1: “critical incident” rendering the Engage Digital Service unusable by the Client’s customers and/or by the Client.
- Level 2: “major incident” preventing the Client from exploiting the Engage Service in nominal conditions AND leading to a substantial drop in productivity.
- Level 3: “anomalies” rendering the Engage Digital Service non-compliant with the Specifications without having any major impact on its use and/or exploitation
Incidents are handled by RingCentral France, which guarantees the following response and repair times:
|Incident level||Applicable period||Response time||Repair time|
|1: critical incidents||24/7||1 hour||8 hours|
|2: major incidents|| 9:30 – 12:30
14:00 – 18:00, business days
|4 hours||3 hours|
|3: anomalies|| 9:30 – 12:30
14:00 – 18:00, business days
|8 hours||10 days|
The guaranteed times start to run when the incident is reported to RingCentral France for the first time:
- by the Client, via a notification to the technical support team or the hotline.
The guaranteed times only run during the applicable period.
Incident tickets opened by the Client must state:
- the name of the person opening the ticket,
- his/her email address and mobile or telephone number,
- the priority level assigned to the incident (for example, level 2),
- the severity of the incident (impact assessment),
- the actual start date,
- a precise description of the incident and any past events before the incident,
- the one or more browsers and the operating system used, to demonstrate the incident,
- all information required for a thorough understanding of the incident (screenshots, etc.).
If the guaranteed repair times are not met, the following penalties will apply:
- For critical incidents, 5% of the monthly user licence fee for each hour of delay
The amount of the penalty will be deducted from the next invoice issued by RingCentral France.
– Disaster Recovery Plan
RingCentral France has a disaster recovery plan.
RingCentral France has one single production data centre, where the server infrastructure is located. However, the database is backed up to a second data centre each night.
We agree to the following objectives for the data:
– RPO: Recovery Point Objective
Recovery objective for the data as stored X hours before the incident
– RTO: Recovery Time Objective
Recovery time objective for that data
|Loss of database server||24/7||4 hours||8 hours|
|Loss of data centre||24/7||24 hours||3 days|
2. Service Levels
– Objectives and Scope
The objectives of this service level agreement are to:
- allow the Client and RingCentral France to objectively determine the expected quality levels for the Engage Digital Service,
- provide a mechanism for assessing the service level provided by RingCentral France,
- improve the management and visibility of the service level provided by RingCentral France,
- remove all subjectivity and ambiguity, by documenting the management process.
– Service Availability
The availability commitment for the Engage Digital Service (and the APIs) is 99.50%, disregarding any scheduled periods of unavailability for preventive maintenance notified in advance.
The availability of the Engage Digital Service is calculated once a month, using HTTP requests automated by monitoring service providers (Pingdom), whose system of decentralised servers regularly monitors whether the expected response is in fact received.It measures whether the technical interfaces are operational and not user perceptions.
If RingCentral France breaches the availability commitment set out above, through its sole fault, the amount payable for the SaaS will be reduced in accordance with the following principles:
|Service availability rate (calculated monthly)||Effective payment/Amount of the user licence|
|99.5% or higher||100%|
|between 98% and 99.5%||90%|
|Between 95% and 98%||75%|
|Between 90% and 95%||50%|
|Lower than 90%||0%|
The reduction will be applied to the next invoice issued by RingCentral.
3. Technical Support/Hotline
|1 – Critical Incidents||2 – Major Incidents||3 – Anomalies|
|Scope|| The hotline made available to the Client by RingCentral France covers:
– responding to critical incidents (level 1) only
– handling and resolving those incidents
| The technical support service provided to the Client by RingCentral France (where the Client has ordered that service) covers:
|Support|| Available: 9:30 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays in France).
Contact: +33 1 77 37 27 54
|Hotline|| Available: 24/7
Contact: +33 9 80 80 85 59
|Escalation Procedure|| If the response to or handling of an incident by the RingCentral France technical support team or hotline is considered to be insufficient or unavailable (at times where the support services are closed), the Client may contact the escalation officer:
4. Change Management
To the extent possible, RingCentral France shall ensure that upgrades to the Engage Digital Services are rolled out on an opt-in basis, meaning that their actual implementation in the Client’s configuration is optional and at the Client’s discretion.
RingCentral France shall inform the Client of any changes, new functionalities or updates to the Engage Digital Service that could:
- add value for users or operators,
- modify its operating procedures.
That information must be provided at least 10 days prior to the roll out of the changes.
If upgrades are mandatory and the Client cannot opt out, the Client may validate those changes or request adjustments. In the latter case, RingCentral shall implement those adjustments to the extent possible and reschedule the roll out.
The Client acknowledges that the Engage Digital Service proposed by RingCentral France is a shared service and that it cannot refuse changes requested by other RingCentral customers.
5. Preventive Maintenance
Preventive maintenance on the Engage Digital Service must be scheduled one week in advance. RingCentral shall inform the Client of the period of maintenance and any foreseeable effects on the Engage Digital Service. Any interruption to the Engage Digital Service must be scheduled for off-peak times where possible.